Consultant Anaesthetist – OneWelbeck Digestive Health
Tired of your current role and looking for a change? What about a new challenge developing a sedation service in the largest private endoscopy practice in London?
Available as a full or part-time role with no on-call and no weekends with a competitive remuneration package including private healthcare cover, this role sits in our Digestive Health centre.
OneWelbeck Digestive Health are seeking to build a team of dedicated Consultant Anaesthetists to lead and deliver the administration of intravenous anaesthesia and sedation and provision of peri-procedural care. You will work is a team of Consultant Anaesthetists to lead and deliver the administration of intravenous anaesthesia and sedation, and in provision of peri-procedural care. As a team you will manage the coverage of our 4 procedure rooms operating 5 days a week. You will also be participating in the performance improvement and quality assurance activities (QAPI).
Qualifications and training:
- Full registration with the GMC with a licence to practice
- Evidence of qualifications as a Consultant Anaesthetist including evidence of primary medical degree (MBBS or equivalent)
- FRCA or equivalent with evidence of completion of higher specialist training
- Admission to the Specialist Register for Anaesthesia
- At least 2-years’ experience working as a Consultant within the UK’s National Health Service
- Adult Life Support certification (current)
- Evidence of malpractice indemnity to cover scope of practice for OWDH
- Evidence of experience administering local anaesthesia, conscious sedation and general anaesthesia
Training and audit:
- Experience of audit
- Participation in audit and quality improvement
- Experience teaching multidisciplinary team in acute medical/emergency scenarios
- Maintains CPD and able to present appropriate evidence for yearly appraisal
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Positive attitude towards multidisciplinary team members and support team led services
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient
- Demonstrates ability to administer anaesthesia as approved by Governing Body of Centre
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality
- Performs all aspects of anaesthesia care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors
- Interviews patient and performs pre-anaesthesia and airway assessment prior to the surgery/procedure
- Demonstrates efficient medication management per established protocols and Centre policies and procedures
- Strictly adheres to Centre infection control policies and safe injection practices
- Maintains attendance with patient as required by the patient’s condition relative to his/her anaesthesia status and until responsibility for proper patient care can be assumed by other qualified individuals
- Provides effective communication related to patient’s condition and ongoing requirements for continuum of care
- Accurately records all aspects of anaesthesia/sedation provided and airway management techniques utilized on all patients that have received anaesthesia care
- Performs a post-anaesthesia patient assessment, records post anaesthetic visits, including at least one note describing the presence or absence of anaesthesia related complications
- Acts as patient’s advocate for the safe delivery of care
- Assists with appropriate patient selection, discusses anaesthetic plan of care with appropriate parties in the instance where he/she feels the anaesthesia may pose a threat of loss of life or undue and/or unwarranted risk to the patient
- Discharges or releases the patient from the recovery area according to established criteria and regulatory requirements and documents appropriately
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patient and family
- Documents all narcotic usage and waste, as required by organizational policies and procedures
- Responds to emergency situations requiring anaesthesia services, knowledge or technique
- Checks all resuscitative equipment prior to the beginning of the first surgery/procedure of the day. Reports malfunctioning or missing equipment to the Centre Director immediately
- Documentation meets current standards and follows Centre policies and procedures
- Follows the bylaws of the Medical Staff of the Centre
- Fluent in English (comprehension, reading and writing)
- If from abroad, evidence of that you have passed the English language exams is required and evidence of provisional GMC registration is required.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary (experience dependent), Private Healthcare Cover & other employee benefits and performance linked incentives.
How to apply
To apply, please email your current CV, GMC registration and cover letter to email@example.com
We are hiring for a key position in a fast-growing, innovative healthcare company with great career path opportunities. Help us drive adoption of our top-class model around the world.
About Welbeck Health Partners
We know new healthcare models can drive significant quality and efficiency benefits in markets around the world. Our model is based on partnering with Doctors to build and operate highly focused clinics, which specialise in single medical specialities such as Endoscopy, Orthopaedics or Cardiology. We are based in London and have a number of other exciting projects across the UK and further afield.
We recognise there is a huge opportunity to embrace modern IT in healthcare and are doing exciting and innovative things. We believe we can drive significant differentiation by fully utilising information technology to deliver better outcomes, better patient experience and more efficient care.
We are looking for an IT Specialist to join our systems and interoperability team. This team is key to our success, responsible for selecting, implementing and continuously improving our clinical and nonclinical systems; and ensuring they speak to each effectively to support our operations.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing organization within an exciting team; work on innovative projects; contribute to the success of the organsation; and build a broad range of skills and knowledge. Reporting to the Senior IT Manager Systems and Interoperability, you will take responsibility for a number of activities across our network of clinics and at head-office with a focus on systems and interoperability.
Activities will include:
1. Complete new system & system improvement projects
2. Establishing new clinics.
3. Clinical and non-clinical system support.
1. Complete new system & system improvement projects
You will work closely with your line manager to engage with teams across the organisation and understand their needs, then scope, plan and execute projects to deploy new systems or complete projects to improve existing systems and interfaces. This will involve using problems solving, and project management skills alongside technical skills to ensure a great end-product. You may also work with IT vendors and external contractors to complete these projects. Alongside executing projects we hope your passion for delivering the best systems will be a constant source of ideas for continued improvement.
2. Establishing new clinics
As we grow our network of centres we will open additional clinics in London, the rest of the UK and further afield. In each case, you will work with the wider team to deploy systems and hardware to support timely and smooth opening of the clinic.
3. Clinical and non-clinical system support
You will become an expert in our systems, their capabilities and limitations. You will help teams across the business by identifying IT solutions to their problems, ensuring we use our systems to support efficient, effective processes across the business. We hope your passion will also lead to identification of new opportunities to utilise IT to improve business processes or do new, innovative things.
You will also act as an escalation point for complex IT queries. Working closely with your line manager and IT Support you will troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with our medical (e.g. EHR, Clinical documentation, PACS, patient app, Integration engine etc) and non-clinical (Phone system, network infrastructure, email, company file system etc) systems. You will interact with users understanding their problems either resolving them right away or escalating to the appropriate team where appropriate.
Key characteristics, skills and experience:
- A degree in Health IT or other IT discipline
- Driven & tenacious
- Strong interpersonal skills (building relationships with a broad range of users)
- Passionate about using IT to deliver business processes
- Basic knowledge of ICT Networks
- Problem solving skills (solving user issues, defining processes to work around system limitations, etc.)
- Ability to explain IT functionality to a broad range of users
- Highly IT applications literate / tech savvy (e.g. MS Excel, word, etc.)
Attractive (but not required) characteristics, skills and experience:
- Basic knowledge of Clinical terminologies (e.g. ICD, OPCS, CCSD, SNOMED) and other health IT Standards (HL7 v2 and FHIR)
- Analytical and data analysis skills (e.g use of MS Excel to analyse data, produce charts)
- Knowledge of SQL and other relational database languages
- Knowledge of coding/programming languages
- Project management
- Private medical insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Job Types: Full-time (including some Saturday working), Permanent
- Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.